Monday, January 29, 2007

Google disabled my Adsense account!

I received an email today that informed me of the following:

It has come to our attention that invalid clicks and/or impressions have been generated on the Google ads on your site(s). We have therefore disabled your Google AdSense account.

Please understand that this was a necessary step to protect the interest of the AdWords advertisers. A publisher's site may not have invalid clicks or impressions on any ad(s), including but not limited to clicks and/or impressions generatedby:
- a publisher on his own web pages
- a publisher encouraging others to click on his ads
- automated clicking programs or any other deceptive software
- a publisher altering any portion of the ad code or changing the layout, behavior, targeting, or delivery of ads for any reason

Well here's the thing, i didn't violate any of these rules. I've only been a member for about 2 weeks and i have noticed that on some days there were a bunch of clicks, but i didn't know who was clicking or going to my site. I assume people that know about my blogs have clicked on the ads. Sure i've mentioned to folks that i have a blog. What is the purpose of a blog? I thought it was to share information with others. It makes sense doesn't it.

People visit a site or a blog, they see ads, they may or may not click on them. Some people click on one, some people click on more than one. I've visited many blogs and sites and clicked on a bunch of ads just to see what they are all about! Is this wrong? I don't think so!

So, lets summarize:

1. I didn't click on my own ads.
2. I never told anyone to go ahead and click on all the ads on my blogs. In fact i told people i know that you are not supposed to tell friends or people you know to click on your ads. But i guess you don't have control over that do you.
3. I didn't use any automated programs or deceptive software and
4. I didn't alter any portion of my code except add the appropriate code to my blog to display the ads.

So the question is why has Google disabled my account. What did i do wrong except join a program that makes them lots of money. I knew nothing about this program called Adsense, when i started my blogs, until someone mentioned it to me. I put up ads on my blogs, and for some reason people are clicking on my ads. I didn't tell people to keep going to my ads and clicking them. But i guess i can't prove or disprove that can I.

Well, i put in an appeal (Thank you Google for at least allowing this). At least that's fair. My feeling is Google will just ignore the appeal and i honestly didn't do anything wrong.

If the appeal goes well and they enable my account, i would ask that everyone who visits my blogs to not perform any invalid clicks. If you need clarification on what you should or should not be doing on peoples sites or blogs, maybe ask Google, otherwise other people may be BANNED from Adsense. I know that if my account is not activated, i'm not going to be clicking on any ads by Google anywhere as i don't want the same thing to happen to others.

Thanks for listening or reading that is! By the way i had $13 in my account. Wow! I was on the verge of retiring with all that money i was making.

No comments: